Primary Purpose Of The Role
You will contribute to the design, development and ongoing improvement of the MadeComfy platform. You will work on internal APIs, data processing services, integrations and infrastructure. Working within cross-functional product teams, you will empower the business to roll out new functionality and build the next generation of real-estate platforms.
Key Areas Of Responsibility
- Write clean, modern code and deliver it promptly.
- Monitor and analyse the success of features you deliver to production via analytics and customer feedback.
- Write tests to ensure that the code you deliver will not negatively impact the user experience and can scale.
- Documentation of code, systems and processes.
- Contribute new ideas to the tech stack and product vision.
- Work in a collaborative, agile team as a critical contributor.
Key Skills and Experience
- You have a minimum of 5 years of experience working as a backend engineer
- You have a good understanding of the modern PHP ecosystem
- You have experience with AWS
- You have experience with infrastructure as code
- You are an open and transparent communicator
- You have experience designing and consuming APIs
- You value testing, observability and stability
- You are both willing and have the drive to learn new things
Bear in mind this is our wishlist based on our current stack. If you don't have this experience but have worked with similar technologies, and this is a) appealing to you and b) you're happy to skill-up on these technologies feel free to apply. We value good engineers who are good communicators above all else.
- You have a good understanding of Go
- You have experience of working with at least one relational database and one NoSQL database
- You have experience with Docker, Kubernetes and serverless technologies
- You are comfortable with Linux operating systems
- You have actively led at least one project
MadeComfy Engineering Values
- We work for the business and strive to build technology that empowers it.
- We are customer-focused. We love hearing positive feedback about the product.
- It’s okay to make mistakes as long as we learn from them. We move fast, and we improve every day.
- We respect our colleagues skill sets and backgrounds. Everyone is a contributor.
- We are both teachers and students. Everyone has something to learn and something to teach.
- We strive to learn new things but understand when it is prudent to use tried and tested technology.
- We look for the shortest path that delivers value, but this path should be robust and scalable.
- Join a fast-growing and multi-awarded scale-up and be part of the success.
- We give you the flexibility, capability and environment to build your future
- We are more than just a job and celebrate our diversity in gender, race, religion, colour and others and are proud about our over 25 nationalities and 50/50 split between male and female.
This role requires you to be eligible to work in Australia.